- Skill Level: BASIC
- Servings : 8-10
- Prep Time : 20 min.
- Ready In : 30 min.
Strawberry Trifle means taste of summer! It is so easy to make and so pretty in a dish. Try making it with other seasonal fruit: the result will be great!
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Arrange a third of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining berries. Then refrigerate for 2 hours.
Picture (CC BY-SA 2.0) [puamelia]