- Skill Level: BASIC
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 15 min.
- Cook Time : 35 min.
- Ready In : 50 min.
Peach crumble is a sweet dessert: easy to prepare and good to have. This is a quick recipe, since it is ready in a few minutes and it will be a success with your friends.
- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
Preheat oven to 375°. Place peaches in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, peel and cinnamon; scatter over the peaches.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches. Pour butter evenly over topping.
Bake 35 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
picture (CC BY 2.0) by Jules