- Skill Level: INTERMEDIATE
The lemon tart is an amazing recipe inspired by France where it called “Tarte au citron”. The perfect combination of sweet and sour. You can’t wait to try this yummy and fresh lemon tart!
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of powdered or regular sugar
Leave the butter at room temperature; so remove it from the refrigerator to become softener. Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a blender. Add the flour into butter mixture and mix. Press pastry into a tart pan. Refrigerate crust for 30 minutes. Then, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light golden.
Beat with whisk sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour in a bowl until smooth. Pour lemon filling into crust. Cover edges of the crust with a piece of aluminum foil to prevent burning,
Bake tart until filling is set, about 20 minutes. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.