- Skill Level: BASIC
- Servings : 4
Holy cannolo! A perfect ending for your Italian meal. Read our easy-to-follow homemade cannolo recipe.
- 2/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 (5-inch-long) cannoli shells
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted pistachios
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
Place ricotta, cream cheese, orange rind, and vanilla extract in a mini food processor; process until smooth. Add powdered sugar, and pulse until combined.
Place the mixture in a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal bag. Snip a 1/2-inch hole in one bottom corner of the bag. Fill cannoli shells evenly with ricotta mixture. Combine pistachios and chocolate in a small bowl. Evenly dip ends of cannoli in pistachio mixture.