Chocolate Cookie Pops2015-02-03
- Skill Level: BASIC
Here is the authentic Anglo-Saxon Chocolate Cookie Pops recipe. Your kids will love them, these tasty chocolate cookie pops are so colorful, delicious and very easy to prepare!
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese (half of an 8-oz. package)
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies with cream filling
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Assorted sprinkles, crushed nuts or toasted coconut flakes
Put the cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse them until roughly chopped. Add the cream cheese and continue pulsing until the mixture is well combined and there are no large pieces of cookie remaining.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Squeeze and roll the cookie mixture into 1-inch balls. Insert a lollipop stick into each ball, place them on the baking sheet and freeze them for 30 minutes
Melt the chocolate and vegetable oil in the microwave on 30-second intervals. Dip the cookie balls in the melted chocolate then immediately garnish them with sprinkles, crushed nuts or toasted coconut flakes. Return the pops to the baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate them (1 hour) or until the chocolate is set.